Monday, October 19, 2009

Procrastination

Procrastinate: -verb. Pronounced: Proh-kras-tuh-neyt. Meaning "to delay action" or "to put off until another day or time" according to Dictionary.com. Yes, that is what I've clearly done with the blog assignment. But, all hope is not lost! Because with every mistake a lesson is learned.
The lesson I've learned here today, obviously, is that it does not pay to procarastinate. And that lesson is better learned sooner than later, especially when it comes to college. This is where the term "snowball effect" comes into play. You turn in one assignment late, then while you are trying to finish up the fist one, another is piling up on top of you. And so on and so forth. The snowball keeps on building until it is big enough to bulldoze a house.
What's the solution? Schedule your time wisely. AVOID PROCRASTINATION AT ALL COSTS!If you find yourself procrastinating, don't deny it!You'll feel that stinging pang of guilt in your stomach while you are engaging in whatever activity is tearing you from your studies. Don't hide from your schoolwork. ATTACK IT! Be like Leonidas from "300" and show no fear!
I know this blog is terribly off topic from English, I'm sorry. I'll post again after a little reflection on what I feel particularly passionate about in this class. I'll try not to procrastinate!

No comments:

Post a Comment